Steven A. Abreu
(P) 617-443-9292, ext 309
University of Illinois, B.A.
Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University, J.D., Order of the Coif
Steven A. Abreu
Steve Abreu takes a pragmatic approach to trademark clearance, registration and enforcement to help a wide range of enterprises meet their intellectual property protection and business goals. Steve’s clients are varied and include renowned institutions of higher learning, consumer and medical product companies, and specialty magazines. He also represents well-known manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology products. Steve’s strategic outlook on trademark and copyright protection has assisted both large clients and small businesses in the United States and abroad. He also counsels foreign trademark applicants to successful registration of their Madrid-based U.S. trademark applications. Steve is Co-Chair of the Trademark Practice.
- Steve has filed and prosecuted hundreds of trademark applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and assisted clients with their international trademark protection strategies.
- Steve has successfully represented many clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and federal courts
- Steve advises clients engaged in international trademark oppositions before various administrative bodies in Europe, Australia and Asia.
- Steve works with many small businesses and start-ups to determine how to best protect intellectual property and the beginning of a business venture.
Steve also specializes in trademark and copyright licensing, and has experience licensing world famous consumer brands for cross-market promotional purposes.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the International Trademark Association and Boston Bar Association.
- President of the United States Tchoukball Association, governing body for tchoukball in the United States and dedicated to growing interest in the sport of tchoukball among amateur athletes in the United States.
- Participates in mentoring activities with the Citizen Schools 8th Grade Academy program.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Steve is listed in World Trademark Review’s 2014-2016 WTR 1000 publication. The WTR 1000 is the only definitive guide dedicated to identifying the world’s leading trademark legal services providers. An extensive research process conducted by a team of highly qualified, full-time analysts, the publication identifies the leading trademark law firms and individuals in over 80 global jurisdictions.
- Steve was named to the Rising Stars list in the practice area of intellectual property in 2010-2017 in Massachusetts, a list limited to 2.5% of the outstanding emerging lawyers in the state who are age 40 and under, or have been practicing 10 years or less. The attorneys featured in Rising Stars were selected by their peers in an extensive nomination and polling process conducted by the research team at Super Lawyers, a service of Thomson Reuters and seen in a special advertising section in Boston magazine.