Sharona H. Sternberg
(P) 617-443-9292, ext 380
Barnard College, B.A., English, summa cum laude.
Harvard Law School, J.D.
Sharona H. Sternberg
Sharona is an associate at Sunstein. She concentrates in intellectual property litigation and trademark clearance, registration and enforcement. She has been involved in numerous patent, trademark, and trade secret litigations in federal court, including a successful jury trial involving medical device patents. She has also represented multiple clients in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Prior to joining Sunstein, Sharona worked at an international firm in New York City as a litigation associate with a broad-based general commercial practice including significant intellectual property matters. Her clients have included well-known pharmaceutical, software, medical device, and international e-commerce companies.
- Represented a leading generic pharmaceutical company in an ANDA litigation.
- Represented a large e-commerce company and an international financial services company in domestic and international antitrust investigations.
- Represented an energy company and a vitamin company in class action suits for securities fraud.
- Represented pro bono plaintiff in a copyright lawsuit, which culminated in a successful settlement for the client.
- Advised clients regarding intellectual property protection and antitrust concerns.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Women’s Bar Association.
- Sharona was named to the Rising Stars list in the practice area of Intellectual Property Litigation in 2015-2017 in Massachusetts, a list limited to 2.5% of the outstanding emerging lawyers in the state who are age 40 and under, or have been practicing 10 years or less. The attorneys featured in Rising Stars were selected by their peers in an extensive nomination and polling process conducted by the research team at Super Lawyers, a service of Thomson Reuters and seen in a special advertising section in Boston magazine.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Sharona is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and New York.
- Sharona is conversant in Hebrew.