- Through artful interpretation of the Supreme Court’s rigid guidelines in Alice (2014) for determining patent-eligibility, the Federal Circuit has recently offered patent protection to once seemingly endangered inventions. More. . .
- Amending a patent claim in the midst of an inter partes review (IPR) is still hard for a patent owner, but the Federal Circuit has just made it a bit easier. More. . .
- Get your IPR arguments right the first time: The patent office sees objectionable unfairness in second-bite challenges to a patent’s validity. More. . .
- The Eastern District of Texas has embraced its longtime status as a patent owner’s favorite trial court. The Federal Circuit has now cautioned that court to take seriously last summer’s Supreme Court decision restricting where corporations can be sued. More. . .
- An arbitration clause in a patent license cannot be avoided even when the licensee calls the patent’s validity into question. More. . .
- Read our roundup of IP cases on this season’s Supreme Court docket. More. . .
Posted in Newsletter