IP Update, February 2017
- Parody protected: Louis Vuitton not only loses a trademark infringement suit against a canvas-tote maker that poked fun at the pricey bags but is faulted for lacking a sense of humor. More. . .
- No standing: A non-infringer who initiates an IPR may not be able to show sufficient stake in the outcome to appeal an adverse decision of the PTAB. More. . .
- Eleventh Amendment to the rescue: Sovereign immunity is ruled to protect state universities from having their patents challenged in the patent office. More. . .
- Supreme Court cheat sheet: Here’s a rundown of IP cases to be decided this term. More. . .
- Sometimes, it takes a village to infringe a patent. The combination of doctors advising patients to take vitamins before chemotherapy and patients following that advice is held to infringe a method of administering a drug. More. . .