Edward J. Dailey
(P) 617-443-9292, ext 233
Dartmouth College, AB
Boston University School of Law, JD
Boston College, STM
Edward J. Dailey
Ed Dailey is Of Counsel at Sunstein. His practice includes demanding litigation and counsel in intellectual property, technology, land use, health care, employment, benefits programs, and business. He has an extensive trial and appellate practice. Ed has served as a legal services lawyer, has held leadership positions in government service, and held appointment as senior vice president and General Counsel to BlueCross BlueShield of Massachusetts.
- He represents technology companies, health care providers and service organizations, small businesses and major corporations, start-up ventures, citizen groups, and government agencies.
- Has obtained high value court decisions and settlements for famous design and trademark holders and inventors against counterfeiting, infringement, and knock-off competition.
- Defends health care institutions and health care professionals in complex patent, financial, licensing, trade practices, and business disputes. Represents government agencies and citizen groups in information technology contracting, licensing, and litigation.
- Writes broadly on technology and intellectual property issues and litigation strategy.
Community and Professional Involvement
- Ed has served in elected and appointed positions in local government related to land use, environmental protection, and affordable housing.
- Received the Robert Swett award for housing excellence from the City of Newton for leadership of a citizen effort to enact a comprehensive Inclusionary Zoning ordinance.
- Received the Massachusetts Bar Association award for pro bono legal services and has served as a member of the Council of the Boston Bar Association.
- Ed is a resolute sailor; he races the J/109, RAPTOR.
- Ed was named to the 2007 Super Lawyers® list in the practice area of intellectual property in Massachusetts, a list limited to the top 5 percent of attorneys in each region. The attorneys featured in Super Lawyers were selected by their peers in an extensive nomination and polling process conducted by the research team at Super Lawyers, a service of Thomson Reuters and seen in a special advertising section in Boston magazine.