Openings for positions at Sunstein are posted on this page. If there are no positions currently listed, you are invited to check here again at a later date for any new listings. Thank you for your interest in our firm.
Sunstein is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital, parental or veteran status, or disability.
We seek a litigation associate with 2-3 years of IP litigation experience, strong academic credentials, and exceptional analytic skills and writing ability. A passion for patents, trademarks, business matters, and the litigation of intellectual property disputes is essential. Patent litigation experience and biotech or engineering academic background preferred but not a prerequisite. Our ideal candidate is a vigorous advocate who enjoys working in a congenial and technology-savvy atmosphere.
Patent Lawyer/Patent Agent
We are seeking patent associates or patent agents who have 1 to 3 years of experience, strong academic credentials, and exceptional analytical skills and writing ability. Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering or computer science is required; or strong chemistry background with Ph.D. preferred.
While our patent practice emphasizes portfolio development using strategic filings, our patent attorneys also work with our IP litigators in developing enforcement and defense strategies. Patents from our office, in a wide range of technologies, have been involved in multi-million dollar litigation recoveries. Our ideal candidate is a vigorous advocate who enjoys working in a congenial atmosphere. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunstein, Kann, Murphy & Timbers LLP seeks a Legal Assistant with patent prosecution and/or intellectual property litigation experience. The Legal Assistant manages dockets, assists with patent prosecution and litigation, prepares IP documents and correspondence, manages attorneys’ calendars and deadlines, processes client bills, and interacts with attorneys, clients, the USPTO and courts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist attorneys with various aspects of their docket.
- Organize and maintain electronic mail, facsimiles, docketing information and instructions, and take necessary action.
- Prepare documents for filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
- Review incoming correspondence including paper and electronic mail, facsimiles, docketed information, and client instructions and take necessary action.
- Interact with clients via telephone, electronic mail, and facsimile as necessary.
- Coordinate with colleagues and/or departments to ensure completion of assigned tasks and other requests.
- Preparation of Information Disclosure Statements for filing with the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO); Preparation of search results and prior art lists for citation.
- Maintain accurate client contact information and reporting instructions.
- Maintain client specific instructions and relevant data.
- Utilize a range of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Imanage, Relativity and other practice and firm specific applications.
We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits. To join our outstanding team of professionals, please send resume in confidence to email@example.com.
Our firm has an outstanding record of important wins for our clients through litigation, patent and trademark prosecution, intellectual property portfolio development and business transactions. We offer competitive salary plus excellent benefits. We focus our recruiting efforts on creating a diverse and inclusive atmosphere.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer