(P) 617-443-9292, ext 309
University of Illinois, B.A.
Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University, J.D., Order of the Coif
Steven A. Abreu
Steve Abreu’s pragmatic approach to trademark clearance, registration and enforcement helps a wide range of enterprises meet their intellectual property protection goals. Steve’s clients are varied and include renowned instructions of higher learning, business consulting, consumer products, specialty magazines, and specialized medical products. He also represents well-known manufacturers of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products. Steve’s strategic outlook on trademark and copyright protection has assisted both large clients and small businesses in the United States and abroad. He also counsels foreign trademark applicants to successful registration of their Madrid-based U.S. trademark applications.
- Steve has filed and prosecuted hundreds of trademark applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and assisted clients with their international trademark protection strategies.
- Steve has successfully represented many clients before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and federal courts
- Steve advises clients engaged in international trademark oppositions before various administrative bodies in Europe, Australia and Asia.
- Steve works with many small businesses and start-ups to determine how to best protect intellectual property and the beginning of a business venture.
Steve also specializes in trademark and copyright licensing, and has experience licensing world famous consumer brands for cross-market promotional purposes.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the International Trademark Association, and Boston Bar Association.
- Founder and Commissioner of Massa/tchoukball, the United States’ only non-school Tchoukball league, dedicated to growing interest in the sport of Tchoukball in the US.
- Participates in mentoring activities with the Citizen Schools 8th Grade Academy program.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Steve was named to the Rising Stars list in the practice area of intellectual property in 2010-2011 in Massachusetts, a list limited to 2.5% of the outstanding emerging lawyers in the state who are age 40 and under, or have been practicing 10 years or less. The attorneys featured in Rising Stars were selected by their peers in an extensive nomination and polling process conducted by the research team at Super Lawyers, a service of Thomson Reuters and seen in a special advertising section in Boston magazine.