(P) 617-443-9292, ext 304
Suffolk University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
Harvard University, Ph.D., Immunology
Colorado State University, B.S., biochemistry and biology
Nancy C. Wilker, Ph.D.
Nancy Chiu Wilker is a partner at Sunstein and a member of its Life Sciences Practice Group. She has practiced intellectual property law in both law firm and corporate settings in life sciences since 1997. Nancy handles patent prosecution matters, portfolio development, product clearance, intellectual property due diligence, and agreements involving transfer of intellectual property.
- Nancy has drafted, prepared and prosecuted numerous patents in a variety of biotech areas including medical devices and instruments, transgenic plants and animals, cancer biomarkers, stem cells, new genes, vaccines, antibodies, biological and small molecule chemical therapeutics, and nucleic acid and protein detection and analysis technologies. She has managed extensive portfolios of US and foreign patent properties.
- Nancy has obtained registration of numerous trademarks both in the US and abroad.
- Nancy routinely provides advice on patentability, validity, and freedom to operate.
- Nancy has negotiated and drafted numerous agreements including material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, IP license agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Nancy has drafted and implemented trade secret protection policies.
- Nancy’s due diligence efforts have resulted in more favorable terms in licensing and/or acquisition agreements on behalf of her clients.
- Before joining Sunstein, Nancy served as the Chief Intellectual Property Counsel of a privately held international research reagent company, as Intellectual Property Counsel at an S&P 500 global company, and as a patent attorney at a general practice international law firm.
- Nancy’s area of study for her Ph.D. included immunology on an organism level (including organ transplants and trafficking of immune cells through the blood and lymphatic systems), intracellular signaling in lymphocytes and other white blood cells, and hematopoietic stem cells.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Boston Patent Law Association.
- Class of 2003 Fellow of The Partnership, Inc.
- Nancy is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, the District of Columbia, and before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.