(P) 617-443-9292, ext 325
California Institute of Technology, B.S., Mathematics, Engineering & Applied Science
Chicago-Kent College of Law, J.D., certificate in Intellectual Property law
David E. Blau
Dave is an associate at Sunstein. He concentrates primarily in patent preparation and prosecution. Dave has six years of industry experience as a software developer and project manager in the fields of systems programming, computer networking, databases, and video streaming.
- Dave has prepared and prosecuted patents and reexaminations in technology areas including microelectromechanical systems (MEMS), data storage, audio and video processing, cable television, encryption and public key infrastructure (PKI), Internet technologies including cloud computing and e-commerce, high performance computing (HPC) and parallel systems, databases, and video games.
- Prior to joining Sunstein, Dave worked as a software developer and project manager. He has worked for a leading gemstone retailer as a Senior Systems Developer, writing Java software for, and managing, such business functions as processing credit card orders, controlling high-volume warehouse printers, and rendering custom shipping labels to industry tolerances.
- Dave worked at the National Security Agency in the field of crypto-mathematics. He was also a Senior Engineer at a leading Internet content management provider, where he designed and implemented custom solutions to unique client needs in the areas of Internet text, image, and video caching, as well as video streaming.
- Dave was Editor-in-Chief of the Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property from 2005 to 2006, and President of the Chicago-Kent Intellectual Property Law Society from 2006 to 2007.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Dave is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the American Bar Association.
- Dave is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, Boston Bar Association, and Boston Patent Law Association.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Dave is admitted to the Massachusetts bar and is a registered patent agent.