(P) 617-443-9292, ext 370
Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
Rutgers University, post- doctoral fellow
Université de Paris Sud, Orsay, Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, très honorable
Texas A&M University, graduate study, Lavoisier Scholar, Laboratory of Nobel Laureate Prof. Sir D.H.R. Barton
Université de Paris Sud, Orsay, M.S., organic and organometallic chemistry, très bien
Université des Sciences et Techniques du Langedoc, B.Sc., Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry (Valedictorian)
Isabelle Blundell, Ph.D.
Isabelle Blundell counsels clients in the fields of chemistry, materials, pharmaceuticals, biochemistry, diagnostics, and medical devices in the Life Sciences Practice Group. She has over 15 years of experience practicing patent law in corporate and law firm settings handling patent prosecution, portfolio development, product clearance, and due diligence, from early stage discovery to post market entry.
Isabelle’s practice extends in all branches of chemistry, including organic small molecules, synthetic and natural polymers, electrochemistry, organometallic, and material science.
Isabelle obtained her Ph.D. in organic chemistry at the Université de Paris Sud and held various positions, including postdoctoral positions, in the industrial and academic settings.
- Isabelle has successfully prosecuted patents in the fields of chemistry, pharmaceuticals, biochemistry, diagnostics, and medical devices, including small molecules for immune mediated diseases, solid organ transplant, neglected diseases, pharmaceutical additives for drug delivery, and synthetic polymers and biomaterials for tissue healing, cosmetic and orthopedic applications.
- She has conducted extensive due diligence in connection with acquisitions and managed extensive portfolios of US and foreign patent properties.
- She routinely provides advice on patentability, validity, and freedom-to-practice.
- Isabelle has negotiated numerous research agreements, material transfer and testing agreements, consulting and confidentiality agreements and IP provisions in licenses.
- Prior to joining Sunstein, Isabelle served as Senior Patent Counsel at a leading life sciences company for nine years and before then was a technology specialist then an associate at a large Boston-based law firm.
- Isabelle’s areas of study for her Ph.D. and post-doctoral work have included organic synthesis of polypyridine ligands for the study of intramolecular electron transfer transition metal complexes, biomimetic studies for the insertion of oxygen, sulfur, and selenium into non-activated C-H bonds by non-porphyrinic iron catalysts, and X-ray absorption of iron solutions.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of American Chemical Society, American Intellectual Property Law Association, American Bar Association, and Boston Patent Law Association.
- Isabelle is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, US District Court, district of
Massachusetts, and before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Isabelle is fluent in French.